Monday, December 6, 2010

2010 Winter Showcase

Our dance studio recently had its annual Winter showcase (i.e. adult dance recital). Although, I didn't perform in it, my husband had SEVERAL performances with his students!

As usual, he did a fabulous job with them! I was very proud. Unfortunately, he wasn't able to dance a routine with his professional partner since she was sick. They were going to do this awesome Foxtrot routine!

Here is a picture of J and one of his students during their routine. He looks so handsome!



On my side of things, I'm working on learning 5 new dance routines of open choreography for my competition next month. That will be a total of 10 routines for me to ace when you add those to my 5 silver-level routines I'll also be dancing. I'm working on a harder level of routines so this has been a challenge for me. I've been able to easily memorize Bronze and Silver level routines because they mostly go through specific patterns. However, the open choreography is a lot more complex. I've spent several hours the past weeks going over the choreography. I'll do the same this week.

I'm determined to get them!!! The sooner I memorize these routines (this week if I have anything to do with it!), the sooner I can move on to the technique aspects of the routines. I've got some lofty goals next year, but I'm determined to make them!

0 comments: