Thursday, September 2, 2010

I must be insane....

...because my friend (and dance instructor at our dance studio) are currently working through the Insanity workout.

She and I have both traditionally worked out 3-4 days a week on top of our dancing. However, we decided recently that we needed an extra boost....a BIG boost!

As an early birthday present to myself, I purchased the Insanity workout. This is an extreme cardio workout program that uses max interval training. The program lasts for 60 days. After completing the 60 days, you can use the program however you like. After the 60 days are up, I plan on using the Insanity workouts three days a week then bringing back my strength training for two days a week alongside 30 minute cardio workouts. I also plan on implementing the 60 day program again throughout various parts of the year.



Although we have been regulars at the gym, this is most definitely challenging! My friend and I have found ourselves to be quite out of breath halfway through the WARM up!

We are currently on week two and are starting to see results. The workouts continue to be challenging, but we are continuing to fight through them. This is one of the most physically demanding things we have ever done, but we are proud to be getting through it (even though we are SORE!).

This is definitely not a workout for those not currently considered "physically active." It's quite strenuous. The creators of the program advise users to consider another program before using Insanity if in fact they are not currently physically active.

Link to Check Out the Insanity Workouts

0 comments: