Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Sauna Room & Den Renovations - "Before" Pictures

J's brother, A, and J have recently began renovations in our sauna room. We will also be painting our den as well! Here are some of the before pictures. I will also say that J and A did all of this! I told my hubby, J, that I will help anyway that I can at this stage in the process...without hurting the progress of the project. He knows I'll help any way I can at this point. I'm fortunate that J and his brother are so skilled in doing all of this. They have certainly done a great job so far!
***********************************************

Sauna Room (Located on the 1st floor of our house) before renovations. You'll notice the sauna blocks a door to the back of our house.



In progress: Sauna was removed. Bro-in-law, A, will be taking it to his house. The wood paneling was also torn down and the carpet was ripped up. Dry wall was put up and they have begun putting the "mud" over the dry wall. You'll also notice a nice new door was installed so we now have an entrance to the back yard from the first floor of our house! Thank you guys!!!

We aren't sure what color we will paint this room. J and I are talking about using a lighter color since it is a smaller area. We'll probably continue that color into the adjacent laundry room too. The beige color that is currently in the laundry room makes it look dingy.



We are planning on putting tile here in place of the carpet. I wish the guys had me take a picture of them working in the room!



Here is a picture of the den with the paint color originally on the walls when we bought it. We normally have a white couch cover over the couch, but it was removed so we could paint in here. One of our cats, Vit, has apparently decided to help model our couch! PLEASE pardon the mess! Renovation is soon to begin!




You can see where we started taping. This is the view from the couch towards the french doors that open to the deck on the back of the house. Those white cabinets connect the den to the kitchen.




View of the fireplace from the kitchen next to the den. As you can see, the guys rocked out to some Rock Band. I shyly attempted two songs and didn't do too bad....LOL
I can't wait to decorate this space after we paint!!



***I will post more pictures as we go along. We got some work to do in both rooms for sure, but I know we will have fun!

0 comments: