Sunday, June 28, 2009

Hit one out of the park!

This past Friday, some co-workers and I threw a wedding shower for another co-worker. I got the opportunity to design a really neat cake for this event with our resident cake-maker at work. Originally, we were planning on doing a traditional cake for this shower. However, I mentioned that the couple met on the softball field and we were suddenly inspired to do a softball-themed cake. Please note that I did not make this cake...I just gave her the design.

Each base tells the story of the different steps they took to get to this point. You'll notice that the first base is friendship, the second base is love, the third base is an engagement ring, and home base is a little baseball bat couple symbolizing marriage. (We originally discussed having a little chapel here, however the cake make decided to design this little bat couple.) You can't clearly tell this in the bottom picture, but the bride bat has a little veil attached to her baseball hat.





0 comments: