Friday, November 21, 2008

Entryway, Formal Living, and Dining Room

Let me start off by saying these renovations have already been mostly completed. I hope to have pictures of the completed rooms sometime next week! Since we took the below pictures, these rooms have been completely renovated with hardwood floors, crown molding, new trim, AND we have painted each of these rooms. I'm just about done painting the second coat on the trim in the entry way. So CLOSE!

Disclaimer: I want to acknowledge how hard my husband has worked. He put down these floors himself as well as the crown molding and trim. I have tried to assist him where I can with things like holding up the other end of the crown molding and cleaning up excess glue from the floors. However, the credit belongs to him for sure! We have done an excellent job partnering up to paint too! We painted all the rooms with colors from Restoration Hardware.

All we have left to do is for me to finish the second coat of paint on the trim in the entry way and for J to finish two pieces on the floor to complete the entryway. So close!

Part 1 - Entryway, Formal Living Room, and Dining Room. I'm not sure the video shows up correctly. I had some problems uploading it. It should be a short clip of J asking me to take some pictures so we could see the progress of these rooms.



J knocked down cabinets that had been added to this wall. You'll see in some of the other pictures there wasn't a set of cabinets on the other side. It looked really lopsided. J sanded down this wall and afterwards we painted Restoration Hardware's Light Silver Sage in there. There's such a nice entrance to the dining room now!




After tearing out the old trim, J patched up places like this in the formal living room and dining room. New Vents from Lowe's were put in as well.



Entryway.



My hubby gluing down hardwood floors! They are GORGEOUS! I can't wait to post the completed pictures. He did an AMAZING job!


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice floors! I can't wait to see the finished product.