Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I LOVE Valentine's Day!

It is my absolute favorite holiday! Don't get me wrong, I'm a happy gal at Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years. However, I LOVE LOVE LOVE Valentine's Day.



Here's why:

1. YES, Love is celebrated all year round as it should be. However, I feel like there is a great deal of people out there who go out of their way to make an attempt to really focus on their significant other on this holiday. I've always enjoyed watching others around me celebrate this day even if I didn't have a date on Valentine's Day. True story! I even handed out valentine's (CHEESY ones at that) even when I was WAY too old to do it! I think it is a fun holiday! One suggestion I heard this year is that people need to make Valentine's Day about THEM as a couple and not just do something traditionally Valentine's Day-ish....like a super expensive dinner. If you two like being outdoors, plan something outdoors!

2. My favorite color to wear is black...not because I'm depressed. Black just looks sharp to me. I like the way I feel wearing black. However, my two favorite colors to look at or have around me are red and pink. Everything on Valentine's Day is red and pink. Hence, the second reason I enjoy this holiday so much!

3. I'll admit it, I KNOW this holiday is very commercialized....but I find it very cute for that same reason. I love the cheesy Valentine's Day cards, the chocolates, and the roses. I DO! They're fun! I've always told J he didn't ever have to get me anything expensive on Valentine's Day....just a rose and a card will make the day special=) He's always been really sweet to get me a cute Valentine's Day balloon and some flowers. I love it!

This year, I'm planning a nice dinner at home for us. I'm sure I'll find a super awesome card and a little something for J as well! Happy upcoming Valentine's Day!

0 comments: